Once we have decided upon the subject details and size required, you can email a number of photographs in JPEG format for me to work with. From several good photographs I can get a good idea of your pet's personality and best features.
Please note that the finished portrait can only be as detailed as the photographs supplied.
• Keep the subject as clear and large as possible
• Try to avoid busy backgrounds in your pictures
• Avoid flash photography if possible as this reduces natural shadows and image depth
• Try to photograph only in daylight
• Try to take the photograph with the sun behind you to avoid "flaring"
• If you pet has a favourite position or stance please photograph this if possible
• Try to photograph your pet on the same level rather than from above or below
• A pose slightly to the side is generally more flattering than one completely facing you
• Have someone to help if you can, and equip them with treats to hold your pet's attention
• If in doubt, please contact me or email your photos and I will be happy to advise
• The more the merrier. the more good pictures of your pet you send me, the more accurate your pet's portrait will be
• Alternatively, you may wish for me to visit and take the photographs for you (prices available upon application and dependent on your location)
Once your deposit and email requesting the agreed commission has been received, I will begin work upon your pet's portrait. I will first produce a sketch of the subject(s) and email this for your approval. Once approved I shall start working upon the details of your pet's picture. I produce your paintings upon best quality watercolour paper or board. I paint in acrylic medium as this produces a rich vibrant finish. Your painting should usually take about three weeks to complete, subject to workload, although firm dates will be confirmed once your order and deposit have been placed.
Once the final portrait of your pet is completed I will take a high resolution digital photograph and burn this to CD for you. In this way you can yourselves produce numerous copies of your own in a variety of sizes, again and again.
©all images are the sole copyright of clickspeed photography 2013 all rights reserved
Web design by www.clickspeedphotography.co.uk